Get To Know Series – UK Developers
In this series, we showcase many of the UK Developers work with. The UK market is full of quality developers with proven track records and who are working hard to solve the housing crisis, despite the hinders placed by Government at every level.
A local property developer offering exceptional quality and value
Telford Homes is a dream property developer for those investors buying in London. Delivering around 500 to 600 new homes each year, many for the investment market, it concentrates on building high-quality, affordable properties in non-prime locations. It has a defined strategy, ambitious expansion plans, and a large development pipeline.
Telford Homes develops sites and builds homes to stand the test of time, supporting its ambition of creating places for future generations.
The London property developer
Telford is a property developer born and bred in London. The three directors who founded the company in 2000 have an enviable history of successful housebuilding behind them. For Telford, its success is not only about the product it produces, but about the people who deliver it. The company now directly employs around 250 people, each with a genuine passion for the business of building sustainable homes.
It started by concentrating its efforts in East London, but in the last, two to three years has expanded south and west.
Building local in London
Telford’s business model is very easy to understand:
- It acquires land in parts of London that are evolving. Specifically, it seeks up-and-coming locations, which benefit from regeneration, great transport links, and good town centres. Places such as Camden and Islington.
- It then uses its local knowledge to work with planners and provide imaginative development concepts.
- The next stage is the design of sites and homes. The company excels here, its efforts helped by the architectural backgrounds of many of its employees and its enthusiasm to work with local communities, engaging and communicating with local people to discover what makes an area ‘tick’.
- The construction process begins, with in-house expertise focused on delivering more reasonably priced homes that still benefit from the high-quality build and finish standards set by larger developers.
It’s unsurprising that two-thirds of Telford’s properties are snapped up by investors, with the remainder built for owner-occupiers and tenants.
Creating value for property buyers
Telford has an ambitious expansion plan which will see it double its output from the current level of around 500 to 600 homes per year. Already it has a pipeline of 4,000 new homes and adds value to each project it undertakes by:
- Buying land in the right location
- Accepting planning risk
- Controlling the whole development process
- Selling off-plan to reduce risk
- Driving capital returns through an expanding build-to-rent strategy, and working with institutional investors
- Delivering excellent customer service
This last point is key. It currently has a 99% customer recommendation rate. It achieves this not simply through the quality of the homes it builds and communities it develops, but by providing for easy and regular communications with its customers and investors around the world. It creates places to live which live up to the expectations of investors and homeowners, offering a product and service with exceptional value for money.
Current Telford development projects
Telford is developing several sites in London, with much more planned. These offer investors exciting opportunities to purchase property in some of London’s most sought-after up-and-coming locations. Here are two such developments, worthy examples of Telford’s offering:
City North, London N4
The City North development is found at the centre of vibrant North London. It’s an award-winning development on the edge of Finsbury Park, benefitting from fantastic transport links that make the commute to the City or West End just 15 minutes. This mixed-use space provides for incredible lifestyle – close to work, with exceptional local amenities, including great schools and 110 acres of parkland to enjoy.
Here, Telford is building a number of apartments that benefit from specifications expected of far more expensive properties in prime central London locations. These include:
- 24-hour concierge service
- The Pavilion landscaped roof garden
- Private residents’ roof terrace on 10th floor of The Linear building
- Private residents’ Wi-Fi Lounge
- High-gloss white, handleless fitted Kitchen units from London designer Urban Myth
- Fully integrated Bosch appliances: stainless steel oven, induction hob, extractor hood, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and washer/dryer
- Pure white Villeroy & Boch bathroom suites with chrome taps and mixers
- Bath with thermostatic shower mixer and glazed screen (where applicable)
- Kitchen, living room and hallway in engineered timber flooring
- Bedrooms carpeted in a warm, neutral colour tone
- Video entryphone system to all apartments
- Monitored CCTV system
Manhattan Plaza, London E14
Manhattan Plaza is perfect for city life. This location is in striking distance of Canary Wharf and the O2 Arena, and Telford are building an exclusive collection of one, two, and three-bedroom apartments, penthouses, and townhouses here. Stratford is only 10 minutes away.
Residents here benefit from stylish homes and exceptional specifications, which include:
- Concierge service
- Private residents’ gymnasium
- Two landscaped residents’ rooftop gardens
- Outside space to all apartments
- Basement car parking
- Video entryphone system to all apartments
- Looped CCTV system to communal areas
- All properties are finished with high-quality fixtures and white goods, including bespoke cabinetry, Smeg appliances, and stone worktops.
These two developments are only a couple of examples of Telford’s quality sites and properties available today, with many more in the pipeline.
Live with passion,